Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Review: Olay Oil Minimizing Toner


Hello again! Today I will be reviewing Olay's oil minimizing toner. Before we continue, you may ask, what is the purpose of a toner? Many women who work at boutiques and spas say that it helps balance the skin, takes off dirt that your cleanser may have missed, and prepares the skin for moisturizer. Some toners can dry your skin because some do contain alcohol. If you have naturally dry skin I suggest you to buy an alcohol free toner. 

Now to be honest... I've always been extremely lazy with my skin care routine! I'm sure many of us do get lazy. However, lately I've decided to take better care of my skin. One of the products that I purchased at Target for $4.99 is this amazing toner! I'm not sure if you can read the back too well but it basically says that it tones by removing dirt, oil, and make-up without stripping skin's essential moisture. It is also dermatologist tested! I look at its reviews on makeupalley and it received 4.3/5!  Many people who had sensitive skin were able to use this toner which is perfect for me! Here are my impressions on this product. After I used a cleanser to wash my make up off, I used this toner. I must say it DEFINITELY removed the dirt off my face. After a few days, I noticed my pimples have not been as red and have actually almost disappeared! However, the smell is a bit strong so if you're sensitive to strong smells I don't recommend this product. This product also contains witch hazel which is used to help reduce the presence of bacteria on the face. It also assists with skin inflammation and prevents future pimples from developing. 

Pros:
Removes dirt 
Affordable
Contains witch hazel

Cons:
Smells a little strong
Contains alcohol (bad for dry skin)

till next time!

<3 vonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment