Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Concealer Review: Is It Really Worth All The Hype?


Hello again! Today, I will explain my opinions on these two concealers. These two concealers are some of the most talked about concealers by many make up gurus. Many gurus have gushed about how the the Sonia Kashuk concealer is helpful in covering blemishes and darkness around the eyes. This concealer retails for about $10 at Target. There are two concealer shades, one neutralizer, and one translucent powder. The concealer shades are used to cover blemishes or dark eye circles. The neutralizer's purpose is to cover any redness on your face. DO NOT be scared if the neutralizer's color seems a bit green. This is because in the color circle green is the opposite of red and therefore, cancels out the redness on our face! After you apply concealer, the powder is used to set the concealer. Many gurus believe that this is a great concealer palette, however, I don't agree. The concealer just doesn't blend well when I apply them to my eyes and the neutralizer doesn't cover my redness as well as I thought it would. For $10 I'd rather spend it on one of my favorite concealers (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer).

The second concealer, Hard Candy Glamolauge, is a concealer that has heavy coverage. Many people say it works as good as Kat Von D's Tattoo concealer. While Kat Von D's Tattoo concealer retails for $25, the Hard Candy concealer costs $6 at Walmart. I purchased this concealer a few months to see to see if it was really worth the hype... and sadly it was NOT! It felt extremely greasy and thick on my face! The smell was horrible and it did not blend well on my skin.The only good thing about it is that it has good coverage. Overall, I would not recommend these two concealers. They are DEFINITELY NOT worth all the hype!


Let me know what your opinions are!

Vonnie =)

No comments:

Post a Comment